Thinking about auditioning for Dance?
Dance Audition Days — for high school seniors
Strong dancers are encouraged to audition during one of our four scheduled Audition Days. While an audition is not required for admission to the college or the dance major, a strong audition can improve your chances of admission, and an audition is required for students who wish to be considered for a talent scholarship.
Auditioners take a ballet class and a modern class, then present a short solo in their strongest dance form. Students and their families also have the opportunity to tour the campus and the Theatre & Dance facilities, have lunch with current dance students, participate in information sessions with admissions staff and dance faculty, and see a theatre or dance performance.
Audition dates for the 2019-2020 Academic Year are as follows:
• Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019
• Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019
• Friday & Saturday, Feb. 7 & 8, 2020
Schedule for Dance Audition Days
|8:45 a.m.||Check in with Admissions Office|
|9 - 10 a.m.||Campus tour|
|10 - 10:45 a.m.||Admissions information session|
|10:45 a.m.||Check in at the Box Office Lobby, Trexler Pavilion|
|11 a.m. - noon||Dance information session and tour|
|noon - 1 p.m.||Lunch with Muhlenberg dancers|
|1 - 2 p.m.||Ballet class|
|2 - 2:50 p.m.||Contemporary class|
|3 - 6 p.m.||Individual solo auditions (not to exceed two minutes)|
|6 - 8 p.m.||Dinner Break|
|8 p.m.||Mainstage performance|
More information about Dance Audition Days:
- Your solo can be in any dance style and does not need to be self-choreographed.
- Music for your solo can be on your phone or a CD.
- The solo should be one to two minutes in length, and it is fine to stop dancing before the music stops.
- Dance attire appropriate for modern or ballet should be worn for the class and solo. The ballet class is not en pointe.
- Based on your audition, you may be awarded a Talent Scholarship of up to $4,000 per year.
- We will send a letter about your dance audition to the Admissions Office. A good audition will positively influence your admission.
- If you are not available during one of our scheduled Audition Days and would still like to audition, please contact Professor Karen Dearborn at email@example.com.