Muhlenberg College/University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine 3-4 BioDental Program
Students admitted to this program spend three years at Muhlenberg and four years at the School of Dental Medicine, graduating with a B.S. degree in Biology from Muhlenberg (after completing year one of dental school) and a D.D.S. degree from the University of Pennsylvania. Transfer students are not eligible for this program.
Students admitted to the program are guaranteed admission to the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine upon:
- Meeting the Muhlenberg degree requirements
- Attaining the minimum required GPA of 3.5 CUM/3.5 Science
- Filing a formal dental school application to the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) prior to October 1 of the student's junior year
- Attaining at minimum of 18 in all subject areas of the Dental Admission Test (DAT)
To be considered for the program, students must:
- Attain a combined Critical Reading/Math SAT of 1200 (old SAT) or greater; combined Evidence-Based Reading and Writing/Math SAT of 1270 (SAT-R); or ACT Composite score of 27 or greater
- Rank in the top 10% of their high school class
Successful candidates typically:
- Score 1300 (old SAT) or greater on the combined Critical Reading/Math SAT; combined Evidence-Based Reading and Writing/Math SAT of 1360 (SAT-R); ACT Composite score of 29 or greater
- Rank in the top 5-10% of their high school class
- Have taken a strong schedule of AP and Honor classes during their high school career
- Have specific, hands-on DENTAL experience (through internships, jobs, research, shadowing dentist, etc.)
- Personal interview with Muhlenberg College Admissions before February 1.
- Completed freshman application to Muhlenberg College Office of Admission before February 1 of senior year.
- Completed UPenn Dental Supplement to Muhlenberg (email@example.com or Office of Admissions, 2400 Chew Street, Allentown, PA 18104) by February 1.
(Note: Candidates do not interview at Penn for this program; however, the interview at Muhlenberg is mandatory.)
Typical Notification Schedule
- Finalists selected by Muhlenberg committee and sent to Penn Dental for review: February
- Muhlenberg notifies students that they are finalists: March
- Students notified of acceptance into the program: Early April
Admissions related, please contact:
Curriculum/academics related, please contact:
Cailin Cordon Pachter, P'16, P'18
Director, Pre-Professional Advising