Theatre in Depth
The Theatre & Dance Department offers a wide array of courses in the literature, history, and theory of the theatre. The Theatre Program also collaborates with many programs across campus to offer a wide-ranging curriculum — including theatrical traditions from numerous historical eras and geographic locales.
All theatre students take at least five of these Theatre Scholarship courses. Recent course offerings include:
- African American Drama
- Shakespeare Reproduced (Shakespeare on Film)
- Modern Drama
- Postwar Drama
- Contemporary Irish Drama
- Pinter and Stoppard
- French Theatre
- German Drama
- Spanish Theatre in the Golden Age
- Russian Drama
- Post-Independence African Theatre
- Nineteenth Century American Theatre
- Cultural History of the American Musical
- Queer Performance in the Twentieth Century
- Contemporary Drama and Performance Art
- Renaissance Plays in Process
- Restaging the Restoration (Restoration and Eighteenth Century Theatre)
Theatrical & Aesthetic Theory:
- Performance Studies
- Feminist Theories of the Theatre
- Philosophy and the Arts
- Bodies of Knowledge
- Religion and the Performing Arts in India
- Black Aesthetics
Not all courses are offered every semester. Additional courses meeting the major requirements are offered through study abroad programs in London and Tuscany.
Take a look at the College Course Catalog.
Want to Know More?
Thank you for your interest in Muhlenberg College. This form is for prospective students to request additional information about the Theatre & Dance Department.
Performance Patrons: to sign up for the mailing list, or to request information other than prospective student info, please the See a Show page, and click Mailing List Signup in the sidebar menu.