Big Shows, Big Opportunities
Interested in musical theatre? You can get excellent training with a degree from the Muhlenberg Theatre & Dance Department. Many of our alumni have gone on to successful careers in musical theatre, including performing and producing on Broadway and in National and International Tours.
We make it easy for you to pursue your passion for the stage. You'll receive in-depth training in acting and dance through the Theatre & Dance Department, and take individual voice lessons and other musical training through the College's excellent Music Department. You can also take advantage of the many performance opportunities on campus:
- At least one large-scale musical in the Department Season each year.
- Dance theatre collaborative pieces, which are frequently featured in the Mainstage season.
- Numerous performing ensembles, including a cappella choruses, the College Choir, comedy improv troupes, several touring dance ensembles, and theatre ensembles that perform in area schools and community centers.
- MTA Studio Productions and the Red Door Play Festival, presented by the student-run Muhlenberg Theatre Association (MTA), give you the opportunity to create your own projects. The MTA offers 15 to 20 of these productions each year. Past productions have included both established musicals and new musicals composed by students.
Students who wish to pursue musical theatre training have several options available to them, including but not limited to the following:
- Major in Theatre and minor in both Dance and Music.
- Double major in Theatre and Dance, with additional vocal instruction and other music classes.
- Double major in Theatre and Music, with additional studio dance classes in tap, jazz and modern
Your academic advisor can help you to select courses that will best meet your needs and interests.
Want to Know More?
Thank you for your interest in Muhlenberg College. This form is for prospective students to request additional information about the Theatre & Dance Department.
Performance Patrons: to sign up for the mailing list, or to request information other than prospective student info, please the See a Show page, and click Mailing List Signup in the sidebar menu.