Faculty and Lecturers serving on various committees for the current academic year are listed below.
|Karen Tuerk (s)|
|Randall Smith (h)|
|Mark Stein (ss)|
|Mark Emerick (ss)|
|Ioanna Chatzidimitriou (h)|
|Mohsin Hashim (ss) (away Fall 2021)|
|Christine Ingersoll (s)|
|Jennifer Richardson (s)|
a. To exercise jurisdiction over the curriculum, including review of the entire curriculum, as well as the addition or elimination of courses.
b. To receive suggestions for course changes and significant changes in the requirements or structure of any major or minor and make appropriate recommendations for faculty action.
c. To act in an advisory capacity and make recommendations to the President and Provost, especially on student appeals for waivers of academic regulations pertaining to curriculum requirements. (Muhlenberg College Faculty Handbook)
CC receives proposals for new courses (or significant revisions) as well as proposed changes to or additions of major and minor programs. With the general recommendation by CC, the proposals go to the faculty for a vote. General Academic Requirement (GAR) designations and self-designed majors require only CC approval. In reviewing proposals for courses to satisfy GARs, CC uses guidelines approved by the faculty and works cooperatively with Academic Policy Committee to interpret and clarify these standards.
- New Course Proposal
- Proposal for Distribution Designation (AR, HU, SC, SL)
- Proposal for Human Difference and Global Engagement Designation (DE)
- Proposal for Culminating Undergraduate Experience (CUE)
- Proposal for Integrative Learning Designation
All Self Designed Majors forms can be accessed through Staff Tools.
- Guidelines for Distribution, HDGE, and CUE Courses
- Guidelines for Major or Minor New Proposals or Revisions
- Guidelines for Integrative Learning Proposals (FAQs)
- Guidelines for requesting cross-listing
Examples of Major Curriculum Proposals
- Anthropology Program Proposal
- Computer Science Program Proposal
- Dance Program Proposal
- International Studies Program Proposal
- Music Program Proposal